Wednesday 18 April 2012

Katniss's speech for Rue and Thresh

Got it from Catching Fire, when katniss and peeta in their victory tour to district 11.

"I want to give my thanks to the tributes of district eleven," i say. i look at the pair of women on thresh's side. "i only ever spoke to thresh one time. just long enough for him to spare my life. i didnt know him, but i always respected him. for his power. for his refusal to play the games on anyone's terms but his own. The careers wanted him to team up with them from the beginning, but he wouldnt do it. i respected him for that."
for the first time, the old hunched woman ----is she thresh's grandmother?--- raises her head and the trace of a smile plays on her lips.
the crowd has fallen silent now. so silent that i wonder how they manage it. the must all be holding their breath.
i turn to Rue's family. "But i feel as if i did know rue and she'll always be with me. everything beautiful brings her to mind. i see her in the yellow flowers that grow in the Meadow by my house. i see her in the mockingjays that sing in the trees. but most ofa all, i see her in my sister, Prim." My voice is undependable, but i am almost finished. "Thank you for your children." i raise my chin to address the crowd. "and thank you for the bread"

Omg i cry everythime i read this stupid simple thing



1 comment:

hey folks. Do you know? There are always reasons when youre friend cry. Youre one of them

Is it right? Is it right to give up? No matter how severe the circumstances may be?