Thursday 24 May 2012

This is written in the male’s point of view. His girlfriend had died and he can’t live without her.

In the first verse he is saying how much he misses her and he remembers intimate moments and it makes it harder for him to cope.
"trembling hands touch skin
It makes this harder
And the tears stream down my face"

"if we could only have this life for one more day
If we could only turn back time"
That bit is pretty obvious, he wants one more day with her.

In the chorus it says that he still loves her even though she is dead. 
“i'll find the words to say
Before you leave me today"
He never told her that he loves her and now that she is dead he never can.

“don’t want to be without you,
My judgements clouded”
In the second verse he is already in such a state of depression that he is not thinking clearly and he wants to be with her.

This time in the chorus, the message that is conveyed is that he would do anything to be with her, even if it means dying himself.

In verse three he is have a flash back of the good times as he is committing suicide.
“goin' back to the time
Playin' games in the street”
He is committing suicide by jumping of a roof of a building.
“there's a numb in my toes
Standing close to the edge”
Then he jumps and he thinks that he is doing the right thing as it means the pain will end.
“as i feel myself fall,
Make a joke of it all”

In this chorus it talks about how he is re-joined with his girlfriend again in heaven.

Even though the chorus is the same, the meanings are different.

This song was written by ed sheeran



Tomlinson is right. It isn't about a bad breakup like people have been saying. If you look at the lyrics carefully, you can see the meaning behind them. 

"Shut the door
Turn the light off"
The first two lines have a kind of finality about them. Almost as if they're saying 'shut the door and turn the light off for the last time'. It's basically the end. 

"I wanna lay beside you"
If she's going to be lying buried in a cemetery, he wants to be right there next to her.

"I cannot hide this
Even though I try"

He can't hide his sadness, obviously.

"Heart beats harder
Time escapes me
Trembling hands touch skin
It makes this harder
And the tears stream down my face"

He's clearly scared to do what he's about to do. The tears could be tears of sadness over his girlfriend or tears of fear of dying.

"Don't wanna be without you
My judgement's clouded
Like tonight's sky"

He's kind of driven crazy by the thought of his girlfriend being gone that he isn't thinking clearly and is not in any state to make decisions.

"Flashing lights in my mind
Going back to the time
Playing games in the street
Kicking balls with my feet"

You know how they say your life supposedly flashes before your eyes? 

"There's a numb in my toes
Standing close to the edge
There's a pile of my close
At the end of your bed
As I feel myself fall
Make a joke of it all"

He's about to jump, and one last thought of her and all that is left of her, literally pushes him over the edge.

"You know I'll be
Your life, your voice
Your reason to be
My love, my heart
Is breathing for this
Moment in time
I'll find the words to say
Before you leave me today"

He will be her everything, because she was obviously his everything. He can't wait for the moment he can tell her everything he wanted to say, to see her again. If he knew she was going to die, he would have said something different to her before she left.

That's just how I interpreted it after re-listening to it from what Ed Sheeran said. I think it's quite sad- it makes me cry :( 

AKU GAKBISA NYANYI MOMENTS TANPA NANGIS LAGI. GAK GAK GAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK BAKAL BISA.

SAMA KAYAK HARRY. DASAR HARRY CENGENG

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey folks. Do you know? There are always reasons when youre friend cry. Youre one of them

Is it right? Is it right to give up? No matter how severe the circumstances may be?